budigod's Latest News: 11.14.2021

 budigod's Latest News: 11.14.2021

    As I promised yesterday, budigod's Latest News would be returning today. But it seems as if I have changed my min--JUST KIDDING, I'm not going to be an idiot...again.

    Welcome back to budigod's Latest News: Holiday Edition. From November 14th through January 3rd, I'll be sharing tons of holiday-related news for the current holiday season, whether it's about Diwali, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Black Friday (yes, Black Friday), and more. On with the article!

    Man, 2021 really flew by! From the resurgence of COVID-19 (Delta variant edition), to the January Capitol riots courtesy of Trump supporters and the inauguration of the 46th president (BIDEN/HARRIS!), we've went through a lot this year. Now that the holiday season is upon us, we could probably just treat 2021 like any normal year in the 21st century instead of treating it like its older sibling (2020) is in its shadow.

    But do we have to?


    As I said, a lot of stuff has happened in the past 10 months, so we shouldn't treat 2021 like any normal year. It's the year of recovery...and the 2010 album, Recovery by Eminem. (Just kidding.) The United Nations declared 2021 as the International Year of Peace and Trust. How about we keep it that way?

    Anyway, on to the HOLIDAY news! (Now, where's Lil Nas X?)

    November 4th this year was the Festival of Lights--Diwali. Diwali is about celebrating, well, lights, I guess. You'd think I'd know more about the Indian holiday--since my family comes from southern India--but to be honest, Diwali kind of confuses me. Just kidding, I know quite a lot about Diwali.




    This traditional 5-day long festival originated in--you guessed it--India and is mentioned in very early texts written in an Indian language called Sanskrit (still used today). It's usually celebrated 20 days after the Vijayadashami (Dussehra) festival, with Dhanteras, or the regional equivalent, marking the 1st day of the festival when celebrants prepare by cleaning their homes and making decorations on the floor, such as rangolis. Yes, I know, it sounds like I'm pulling all of this information from Wikipedia--which I am because I actually really don't know a lot about Diwali--but I bet you haven't known about a major part of Diwali...am I right?

    Fun fact: The main day of the festival of Diwali (the day of the Lakshmi Puja) is an official holiday in India, Fiji, Guyana, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago. That's 12 countries. Twelve. Countries. How crazy is that?

    Here's what's coming soon:

    November 17th: I talk about Thanksgiving and Black Friday! (Be armed with your wallet.)
    November 18th-21st: I talk about various holidays, including Christmas, Boxing Day, and Kwanzaa.
    November 24th-28th: We celebrate Thanksgiving and Black Friday!
    December 3rd: It's a surprise...

Stay tuned for more! If you'd like, you can always keep with me on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/budigod) and/or on Discord @budigod#5058.

   Always remember: This is what replaces Twitter for kids under the age of 13.
   This is is budigod's Latest News (BLN)!

   See you on Wednesday,
   -Vivaan Eleti (budigod)
   11.14.2021

    

Comments

My most popular posts!